Tips for taking care of your baby in winter, how to take care of baby in winter, what to do to take care of baby in winter, how to take care of baby in winter, how to take care of baby in early winter
Winter is coming. Everyone needs to know how to keep the child healthy at this time, what to do to reduce the incidence of the disease. Colds cause common colds, coughs, asthma, bronchitis, and some viral fevers due to the change of seasons. At this time the tonsils become swollen, sinusitis occurs. Humidity decreases in winter, more dust blows in the air, so the incidence of cold-cough, asthma, bronchitis and bronchiolitis is higher. There are various skin diseases and allergies to increase the dryness of the skin. Pediatrician and Bangladesh Pediatrician Association President Prof. Dr. wrote about the preparation and treatment of winter to keep the child healthy. Manzoor Hossain. Child care
Baby care and health at the beginning of winter
The two months of Poush and Magh are winter i.e. from December to February. But the mild winter can be felt from November. The incidence of the disease naturally increases with the change of seasons. Young children and the elderly, aged 60-70 years, are more susceptible to the disease. Children and the elderly have lower immunity and are more likely to be infected. Outbreaks appear to be exacerbated during early winter and early winter. It is often seen that the nose is closed for two-three days or water flows through the nose. So at this time everyone has to be a little careful.
Things to do
If you want to survive the winter, you have to wear warm clothes as much as you can. Kids in particular need to cover their heads with warm clothes or wear hats. The ears feel more cold, so the ears should be covered. Try to keep yourself away from dust as much as possible. Those who have the opportunity will take a bath with warm hot water. Or take a bath at noon, when the water is less cold. Cover with a blanket while sleeping so that it does not get cold. Also, for extra warm clothes, you have to take care not to get sweaty. Care should be taken to ensure that children do not go out to play in the sand, eat ice cream and other cold drinks. Kusum Kusum should drink hot water.
It is better to eat freshly cooked hot food instead of cold food in the fridge. If you want to avoid dust, you have to wear a mask. It is better not to take children to public places and crowded places like shopping malls, hat bazaars or weddings. Water should be sprinkled on the roadsides to reduce dust and germs.
Newborn baby care
Newborns have very little heat control, so they are overwhelmed in a short winter. Complications are less common in babies born at full 36 weeks in the womb. Special care is required for premature babies. The baby stays in the mother's womb at a warm temperature. So at Earth's temperature he feels cold. Apart from that, it also takes time for the heat control system in the baby's body to be fully formed. The baby should be kept at a warm temperature. If the room temperature is 25 degrees Celsius, cover it with cotton cloth. If it is below this level, you have to use sweater. The baby usually gets sweaty while breastfeeding. So loosen the sweater at that time. In winter, newborns must wear gloves, socks and hats.
* Feed the baby breast milk frequently. Breast milk enhances immunity. As a result, the child is not easily infected with cold, cough, etc.
* It is better to open the windows of the house during the day and let the sun and fresh air enter the house, even if cold air comes, there is no harm. Wet clothes in the house must be dried in the sun without drying.
* In winter, the baby should be placed on the mother's lap without being placed in a cradle or under a separate mosquito net. This will keep the baby warm, increase sincerity with the mother and will facilitate breastfeeding.
* If any member of the family or any relative has cold, cough, viral fever, etc., they should refrain from coming to the mother and newborn baby.
* Avoid taking the baby out of the house in winter. If you want to sunbathe, put the sun by the window or from the veranda of the house.
* Newborn baby does not need to be bathed at birth. Bathing should not be done till 72 hours after birth. This will develop the child's ability to control the temperature.
* It is better not to bathe the baby until the navel is dry. Bathing two days a week is enough. Install doors and windows before bathing. Take a bath with lukewarm water (45C), soft cloth or sponge, towel, Vaseline, diapers, etc., ready for bathing.
* Newborn baby has a slight cough or sneeze but is suspicious. So if you have a cough, wheezing, inability to suck milk, difficulty breathing or bending your ribs, you need to seek medical attention immediately.
Which cannot be done
* Newborn head should not be shaved in winter. Many people shave their hair after birth because the hair during pregnancy is unclean. There is no need for this. Hair retains its head temperature, and shaving can cause colds. Do not put clothes, blankets, etc. on the baby's nose or face.
* Do not keep coal and chaff fire in the house, it will harm the child.
* A kind of white coating is seen on the skin after birth. Many people think it is dirty and wipe it off or take a bath and wash it off. In fact, the coating maintains the body temperature of the newborn, prevents germ infection and protects the skin. So it should not be deleted immediately.
* It is forbidden to put anything on the navel. In winter, many people put oil on the navel of the baby and keep him lying in the sun. This can cause an infection in the navel.
* Diapers should not be kept in any way for more than six hours. Diapers (Diapers) can cause rashes, so apply Vaseline or zinc-rich cream beforehand.
Care of one and a half month to one year old baby
* Keep the baby warm as needed. Cannot be kept in cold environment. It would not be right to keep him in a damp room. Feed the baby breast milk regularly. If it is more than six months, give the baby other foods besides breast milk. You can add a little egg white, red spinach, spinach in khichuri. Give lemon juice, eat orange juice. This will increase the child's immunity.
* Children who crawl, see that they do not crawl on the cold floor. However, it is better not to use carpet. Because allergies are caused by carpet weeds or dust. So it is better to use mat or mat.
Care of one to six year old children
At this age children do a lot of sports and running, so there is no need to wear too hot and heavy clothes. You need to ensure warmth by the time you go to school in the morning and play in the afternoon. The children get some contagious skin diseases of winter including cold-cough, flu through each other in school. The child should be taught hygiene in this regard. Regular lotion should be applied so that the skin does not become dry. Winter vegetables and fruits should be eaten more.
Stay healthy, love yourself and family. Let us know in the comments below how you feel about our writing and if you have any questions. Please share to get the post to your friends. Thank you so much for reading the whole post.